Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you play Q3 demos?

Options
  • 15-09-1999 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I've grabbed some of the demos from Ground Zero, but AFAIK q3test1.08 has demo-playing disabled. there's supposed to be a patch for this. does anyone know where I could get it or if there's another workaround?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

yes, I'm sure someone does...

[This message has been edited by mobius (edited 16-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Is 'no' meant to answer the question 'does anyone know', or is it just your own answer in response to a question you didnt read properly? Given that someone has released the demos, odds are that at least someone knows how to play them. So technically the answer here would be 'yes', assuming at least one person knows how to play them.

Right, the next question would be 'Is there anyone who knows how to play the demos, and if there is and he/she is reading this board, would they please post here the method by which they are able to do so.'

Oh my god, look what the exams have done to me.

Buggah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

My video don't play them neither sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Erisian

Okay, I got the patch (and yes, you need the patch to play demos, as well as having to rename demoq3 to baseq3 and adding a demos subdirectory to it) from some American board, although it may have come from a barrysworld server.
    I can go find the URL if anyone else is really interested.
    (SkyClad - good luck with those exams!)

[This message has been edited by Erisian (edited 16-09-99).]

Advertisement