Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet wireless connection?

• 04-11-2003 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Lads/lassies I need to get my Pc at home online but unfortunately i don't have access to a phone line.
    Does anybody know of a good way to get a wireless connection in. What kind of card i need and what service etc?

Any feedback appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

If you want to get standard 56k connection, you need a phone line, this goes for dsl also. You can only get wireless internet connections if you're near a company that sells it. If you are they will more than likely supply you with the information and hardware you need. You might get more information on the broadband / net comms. Take a look at some of the posts first, you might find your answer there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Location Location Location

for a wireless connection you need to see someone who is offering it - where are you based

most of the commercial suppliers are in Dublin
    see also www.irishwan.org

Advertisement