Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What should i do?

• 04-11-2003 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Right. The company i work for has announced that the outsourcing dept. im in will be moved to eastern europe in the next 12 months. BooWoo!!
    I don't want to leave it to the last minute to look for a new job, but i'm thinking of moving to england to work for a while, the pay is a bit better over there i'm told!
    When i do decide go would i be better off quitting here and moving over with no job, or traveling over and back for interviews (if i get any!)??

I have read the sticky on this butI'd like to get your views on this, any of you who have done this.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

im in almost the same boat as you. im in germany and hoping to get a job in dublin. im just gonna come over, (arrange interviews beforehand) and hope for the best. if after three weeks i dont get a job, im just gonna move back.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PalerPaul

Its up to you if you want to move to England. I live now in London. I would say and I really mean this but companies will not give you interviews if you have to travel to them. Sounds bad but they have a few hundred people that are all totally capable of the job aopplying so why would they give you a second look. I dont mean to sound like a you know what but thats how things are over here. I work in IT here so I know the little details on how it works here. If you require extra advice on getting ajob dont hesitate to ask me coz I would gladly give you and anyone else all the help they need, as I learned the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

Thanks for that guys. There's a few more developments here so i'm staying put for now!! But if and when i do go across the water, i'll be in touch PalerPaul. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

i gave up a good job in dublin to come to france.
    i did have a few little things to tide me over for a while but now im throwing out cv's like the new time trying to get something so as i can get some cash coming in!

id suggest traveling over and back till u have something .... it cant cost too much with ryanair now can it. and you know the old saying ...once u have a job you will find one

Advertisement