Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UT - is it really any good like.......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

that link dinnae work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The link does werk - the server is maxed out tho.

every kunt0r in the world is downloading them

Imagine theres quakeworlders and quake 2 players doing the whole 'deltree c:\quake' action everywhere right now !

it just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling dont it smile.gif

well i get a 404.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You think he'd put it up on a server somewhere for you's to download smile.gif He's only posting here anyway cause no one reads the unreal board. smile.gif

we did put on a server to download smile.gif (Lesson 1 - Never listen to ppl boasting about how much bandwith they have smile.gif )

Hobbes m8 - we will see who laughs when everyone and their brother and their budgie is playing UT smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Deltree? Is there a DOS4GW Q2 version, I wonder wink.gif

OK

for those of you wondering where the hell the demo is (it was supposed to be out tonight). Apparently their offices got hit by hurricane Floyd (what a stupid name) and their power was down for a bit. But its back on schedule and Mr. Reign is putting the final touches on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea Floyd is a wee bit scary all right :/

My rental place started putting sandbags outside my apartment just in case and everything is almost shut down here (leaving in 5 mins if can leave in that mess outside).

Everyone seems to be going mad over getting food and water as well, where as I have two packets of super noodles at home. Should I be worried? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Vagga, Relax - It looks like UT ripped off quake 1.

From what I can see UT is another Quake1, with all the bells and whistles, all the nice fx and nice mods. Its the closest thing to Quake 1 ive seen yet. It probably plays vert much like quake aswell.

Oh and your darn right, I will be playing it if it is like quake 1!

So please calm down there.. Its not like UT has come up with an origional idea or something. But it is good from what i can see.. But of course it is. Didnt it rip everything good from quake ??

This all reminds me of when Quake first came out. People were all saying, YES its gonna ****e on DOOM. And it did. But you cant take away from the original and credit where is due.

Its good tho. The feeling of something really kewl about to happen on the gaming scene is such a buzz.

Bring it on.

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 17-09-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Sad. I don't think anyone really cares *which* game you play next, as long as you shut up about quake!

Jaysus, you show them quake-like game with amazing graphics, weapons, mods and levels and instead of complaining that it isn't like quake they complain that it's unoriginal! Shut up! Shut up shut up shut up!!

Teeth.
    calm.. calm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well said, Teeth.

why is it that every single fps game that comes out is compared to some brown shooter thats been out over 3 years.

*Contemporise MAN!*

MP I like to think of it as UT having taken a top idea, and proven success and both improved on it and brought it up to date, somthing which ID seem to be unable to do!

Simple fact is that QW players love it, and Quake 2 players love it, Tribes Players love it, everyone loves it so far as far as I can see. Ppl (like me) are making a big deal because it looks to be the game to finally kill QW as *THE* game(/me crosses fingers)
    , tho I freely accept that a few bods wil still play QW
    www.unrealtournament.co.uk will have the demo on a good aul oirish server the very second its released (*cough* 7pm *cough*)

IMHO UT has everything, but we will see who agrees in a few hours will we not smile.gif

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 17-09-99).]

Advertisement