Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant get her outta my head???

• 04-11-2003 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

ok my gf and i broke up recently due to her wondering hands mouth tongue and vigina!!!!
    but after a week of her been gone i missed her!!!
    then on the bus i ran into the love of my life from a previous relationship(the first relationship, the last one been the second!)
    anyway when i saw her my heart leap a kilometre!!!
    i really thought i was over her but all i can think bout her!!!

any advice on how to get someone outta your head????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Go out and get laid. Nothing clears the head like it.
    Of course, you can't see this because you're holding a torch.
    Tis a catch22.

Seriously.......it's the only thing for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

right go out gett a woman do the the freaky thing!
    i think i can manage that.
    this better work or or or i ll do nothin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Best way to get over a woman, get under a different one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

the first love is really supposed to be a bitch to get over...its like having a serious burn on your temple that just won't heal..and cos its right there on your head you really can't miss it (even if it wasn't a particularly nice or functional lighter that burned you)

do you have a chance with her? or is it definately just getting her off your mind thats the issue?

if its the latter you probably can't...just try not to think about her, or maybe get to know her in a different way, ie: just friends, so she stops being "that first ex" in your head...

alternatively: kill her. (the quick & easy solution...but with possible reprocussions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

There are plenty more fish in the see.

Yes i found that catchphrase hard to accept but its true. If you dont have a chance with her then its not meant to be. in a few weeks or perhaps months your crush will wear off and you will realise how foolish you were to see her in such a perfect way in the first place.
    Trust me i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

tis true. time heals all wounds. something i've found out over the years.

doesn't help at all having everyone tell you, but doesn't make it any less true.

there isn't anything you can't get over (or get used to not having) other than your own demise (and I don't know that for sure).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Farlo
    any advice on how to get someone outta your head????
    Go out with her. It'll solve your problem in no time (and if it doesn't, you win too)

well lets see its been two years and im still not over her, i ve been with someone else that didnt seem to help!!!!

its the feeling that she may be thinking the samr thing and we ll never know!!!!!!
    i dunno this weekend i ll be talking to one her friends, just goin to see if she is wit anyone!!

god the second i saw her all those feckin (broken heart) feelings came back!!!!!

we broke up cause she needed time to sort things out(school,friends, family) but i dont want it to look like i want back wit her just cause she lost weight!!!

wish i could be a robot, less complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

but i dont want it to look like i want back wit her just cause she lost weight!!!

ROFL!!! There's fickle and there's fickle....

Why don't you swear off birds for a few months man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Well, I think this 1st g/f represents a patch to cover the pain of your break up with the 2nd girl. Grieve, go through the process, do what u need to do, but I personally advise against renewing any relationship or focussing on a past relationship right now - all you might be doing is just looking for a quick fix to stop hurting, thinking this girl is the cure all.

Do you remember why you broke up with girl 1?

• Advertisement

we broke up cause she needed time to sort things out(school,friends, family)

there wasan on off period after that where she asked me to wait for the summer hols so there would be no school but i said no like an idiot.

she was having a hard time with her parents splitting up,
    friends sayin that she never hangs out with them anymore, low grades at school etc. she just said she didnt have time for a boyfriend right then!

You said no for a reason. Get over it. Two years is a long time to letting some girl who you barely knew mess with your head.

Go out and get laid I said!!

and i said i did that ALREADY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i find it so funny the way men just tell each other to go get laid however then can if they break up, and women will spend hours or days pining over it and what went wrong.

stupid women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

its the feeling that she may be thinking the samr thing and we ll never know!!!!!!
    Oh, I've been there. Fancied this hot chicky chick when I was about 15. We were good friends, kept in reasonably regular touch, averaging one shifting (awful word, I suppose you kids still use it?) session about every three years, the odd Christmas card and letter. Phoned her about four years ago when I happened to be single. So was she it turned out (we'd both broken up with our respective temping other halves the week before (serendipity and all that))

We're still going out with each other. She's still hot too:)
    (so am I:p but she's probably the only one who thinks so)

Carpe diem and all that.

see - I have a soft side:D

right you say just tell her, wats the worst than can!

been very very shy and aboot as insecure as a heghehog i ll wait to talk to her mate saturday night
    (just to be save)

Originally posted by Seraphina
    i find it so funny the way men just tell each other to go get laid however then can if they break up, and women will spend hours or days pining over it and what went wrong.

stupid women.

I don't like your tone woman. I'll have you know, this is a very scientific approach, based on years of research, trial and error and of course mental anguish.

Unless of course you'd like to elaborate on the steps the ladies club would advise in these cases........;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

then on the bus i ran into the love of my life from a previous relationship
    Do not use "the love of my life" as a rebound girl.

wouldnt do it!

cant do it even if i wanted to!
    has a bf
    one of those "i m so cool, i ll treat you like ****e guys"
    hey you never maybe in a few years i ll run into her like sceptre
    and get together!(i wish)

well thanks for the advice anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

The first love is a bitch to get over all right because you never love some one that blindly, innocently and completely again.
    Thats why they are so hard to get over.....its not cos it was sooo spectacular hey it may have been quite the oppisite.......the point is it was new and you were experiencing that newness along with your own feelings of love for the first time and you'll never feel like that again. Yes you will fall in love again again and again but it will never be the first time now will it? And that whole "ive never felt like this before" doesnt come around twice all too often.

seriously mate go out and enjoy the single life for a while.....and if you still feel the same after a while who knows then maybe it si meant to be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement