Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz SR 4300 vs 4400

Options
  • 04-11-2003 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what the main enhancements the Marantz SR 4400 has over the 4300?

The SR4300 is available at a good discount from a few sites, just wondering if it is worth paying the extra for the 4400?

Dave

Comments

Marantz are a great machine, I have a higher end model and couldn't speak more highly of them.
    The Marantz Circle surround sounds better to my ears than pro logic 2, but listen for yourself and decide.

Whats the price difference you are talking about? £ 50 isn't a lot you are best going with the newer better spec model, I see the sr4400 retailing at £299 sterling see here .
    and here for the older 4300

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Marantz SR5300

I ordered the SR5300 on a thursday morning from these guys and i was unpacking it the tuesday after with online tracking all the way!, the delivery is 25 sterling but apart from that i was extreamly happy. for the same price as the SR4300 i would always choose the SR5300. it has been replaced with the SR5400 but they have a few left.

Id go with the SR5300 with the extra 10W and on screen display and front connectors!

Njoy.

Now thats a good price :)

I have the sr7200 which I got last year.
    I love it!

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭davmigil

Best deal I have seen on the SR4300 is GB£199.95, limited stock of the black finish left. Tempted to go for it, but just making sure there is no major enhancements I'd be missing out on. At least now I can compare the specs on superfi.co.uk with the specs for the 4400 on www.marantz.co.uk . So thanks for that.

Haven't really been looking at the 5300, but at that price very tempting, especially for the front connectors. Nice site that www.superfi.co.uk, good selection of speakers too... If they would ship the whole lot for £25 I would be well chuffed.

Dave

Advertisement