Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram Question

• 04-11-2003 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

can someone advise if a 256 mb pc133 ram should work in a Dell Optiplex G1 PC, I had a 64mb pc100 chip tried to replace it with the 256 however pc wont boot withn the new memory. dont know if the new chip is faulty anyone assist

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/ddur/en/en_mt/TECHNICA.HTM

your machine won't take pc133 i think. that's your prob. do yo have another machine to test your ram in? I only glanced at the specs of the mainboard. It only takes ram at 66mhz or 100mhz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

PC133 will only work at PC100 speed but it should work. Are you sure it's proprietary Dell ram?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭mobby

Dell confirm pC133 memory wont work in G1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I've come across a lot of machines that simply won't use pc133 ram, the mainboard doesnt' have the abilty to downclock the ram and therefore accept it. You can still order pc100 ram. try here www.shop4memory.com

Advertisement