Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name of a game ? help please

Options
  • 04-11-2003 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey guys ,

I know this is the place to go for this info.

I caught the tail end of a gamezville blurt on a game i hadnt seen before.

It looked to be a bit like the 1/2 life ,counterstrike series, but the graphics and the detail of the buildings was absolutely specticular.

I thought it was video footage until the guy started moving his mouse about to move the character.

Anyway - it was on gamezville a few days back - if anyone caight the name of it, can you help ?

Thanks

Taz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

that'll be Halflife 2 then. :D

If it was the bit I saw of them previewing the Beta (officially, not the pirated version that was doing the rounds) there was a seciton where yer man was on a roof, and lobbed a grenade under a water butt which then fell onto some waiting bad guys down below before they could shoot him. then there wqas a section with a dune buggy in it near some water (if i remember rightly).

looks VERY detailed in all departments (visuals and physics). Can't wait.

Maybe it wasn't that though.

Gamesvile gets lots of repeats so you never know which one you're watching and when, but I saw this one about a month ago, so it might be the same thing repeated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pug {erZ}

You'll be waiting longer than the supposed April deadline I can tell you .. more like June/July ...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

hmmmm - was that 1/2 life 2 ?

looked deadly anyway.was well impressed.

The bit i saw had a guy running outdoors and the details on the buildings etc was just awesome. - looked like video footage.

I didint catch the name and i was gutted that they didnt say it - and i cant find it online either.

Thanks for the replies lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

yeah it was HL2 on gamezville
    and they werent playing it neither
    it was stock footage from E3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If not Halflife 2 it could have been CS for the Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

No it was defo a PC game.

anyone know if theres a demo snippet about anywhere ?

This game is gona make them millions i think - looked to be the best graphics ive seen in a game to date.
    (but im not that much up on some games anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

it was on a few free discs on pc mags a while back. you'll prob find it on kazaa or somesuch.

Advertisement