Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tier 8

Options
  • 04-11-2003 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I had a q3 install which had a tier 8. This was essentially the 4 pro maps setup as an additional tier to fight after xearo. After recently setting my machine up from scratch and installing q3 and the 1.32 point release. But this tier isn't appearing. Any idea how to enable it so it just appear in single player?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

beat the game maybe...I've heard it can be done...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Why don't you just type "/map <mapname>" into the console to get to the map? Quake 3 was never supposed to be a single-player game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

the pro maps came in point release version 1.30 i think, so they should be included when you installed point release 1.32... check if you have them by typing /map pro-q3tourney4 in console, and if you dont have them, reinstall the point release (make sure its the full 1.32 point release and not just the patch from 1.31 to 1.32)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

The maps are certainly there. I can setup skirmishes or start multiplays games with them. There is even a reference to tier8 in my q3config.cfg, which I certainly didn't put there. I'm just curious as to why it appear before and why it isn't now. At this stage all levels are marked as having been beaten on NM diff so it aint that either. It's not too important, I'm just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Theres a one player quakeh3 now,

maybe a hax cfg would enable this tier(wtf is tier anyway)

Good luck and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Try typing /iamamonkey and /iamacheater into the console and see what happens

Well for all you doubting thomas' heres the pics, taken from my old machine which I no longer play on.
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~belial/tier7.jpg
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~belial/tier8.jpg

Illkillya try /iamaMUPPET
    :)

Both machines I have are patched to 1.32 and have the maps. Just wondering why they are appearing differently in the single player. ie one showing the pro maps as essentially an extra tier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

what the purply pink crosshair mean in ur screenshots?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

ACK UR RACYYY

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    what the purply pink crosshair mean in ur screenshots?

That my aim is worse that someone with parkinsons!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

hi to all friends:
    if you want to play a map a la single player
    type in

/spdevmap pro-q3tourney4
    it's not all it's cracked up to be

about the other thing i reckon it's a file called arenas.a or something. it's a load of ****e, why bother.

about the other thing i reckon it's a file called arenas.a or something.

That got me thinking about it being a file rather than a config setting. Couldn't find a arenas.a or anything like it but I did find a promaps.pk3 file which did the trick when I copied it over. It weighed in at just over 6Mb which seems a bit large for just changing the setting so slightly. But anyway now I know how it was done.

Advertisement