Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna Job ?

Options
  • 17-09-1999 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Dunno If anyone has mentioned this on the boards yet. I saw an article in the Irish Times archive on 6th September 99 which may interest a couple of yous. Here's an extract:
    " If you love playing PC games (that is a requirement) and are fluent in at least one other language (French, German, Spanish, Italian) Havas Interactive's Irish operation is offering what lots of gamers would see as a dream job. Havas is looking for people to play games, test them for bugs, and provide linguistic suggestions on titles currently under development such as Diablo II and
    Warcraft II. The company employs 3,200 world-wide and 80 in Dublin. See
    www.havasint.ie for details.
    Shame about the language part ... Still must be a few of ye out there with some German. Don't be afraid u nazi's we know who you are.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Think I aplied for a job there a long time ago. Got a "don't call us..." reply but anyway I'm happily programming away here. I'll play the games at home and pursue my interest in coding etc. here at work. Ideal. So FTI Havas.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sounds like they are looking for a QE Test engineer and lingustic consultant rolled into one. You were proberly not qualified in that area.

You'd pay a lot of cash for someone like that, so they are proberly looking for a student so they can work them to death and pay them peanuts. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

ehh im a student
    gimme lots of money

Advertisement