Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anytime Savings Calcuator

Options
  • 04-11-2003 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had nothing to do all day so I created this Anytime Savings Calcuator Applet to show just how much money you are saving since flat rate came to be and to show how much less is going into eircoms pockets since they earned €100 million last year. It can be found at http://www.geocities.com/jonclearz

Regards
    John.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Metinks you forgot to upload the applet John.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

LOL I went and programmed the applet using java 1.4 when 95% of people using windows only supports java 1.1. Microsoft doesent support it any more because of their anti competive attiude (A bit like eircom) So that is why you cant see it.

John.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ah, didn't see the frameset.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by clearz
    LOL I went and programmed the applet using java 1.4 when 95% of people using windows only supports java 1.1. Microsoft doesent support it any more because of their anti competive attiude (A bit like eircom) So that is why you cant see it.
    'Sfunny that, I could have sworn that the "competition" went to a judge and forced Microsoft to stop implementing Java.

You seem to forget that if MS hadn't included Java in IE in the first place, it's reasonable to conclude that the vast majority of people in "userland" would ever have bothered downloading it (a JVM) in the first place. As we can see by the refusal or failure of the vast majority of users to bother downloading Suns current JVM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Ripwave
    'Sfunny that, I could have sworn that the "competition" went to a judge and forced Microsoft to stop implementing Java.
    To be anal about it, they went to court over Microsoft's use of the "Java Compatible Program" on a JVM with MS-proprietory extensions that was not in fact totally "Java Compatible" and for breaching the licensing arrangement by bundling a non-compatible JVM with Windows. The anti-trust lawsuit (where Sun went to federal court and tried to get MS to continue to carry Java (when MS said they wouldn't)) came later.

My post is an issue for another thread in another forum I'd say though.

The rest of your post is bang on in my opinion.

then again, I'm using Opera and IE with the latest JRE from Sun

• Advertisement
Advertisement