Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastern bypass (Dublin)

Options
  • 04-11-2003 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

I was wondering whats the story with the Eastern bypass. I have been reading various documents and it was mentioned but there doesnt seem to be any plan to build it.

Can anyone fill me in.... is it ever likely to be built? would it be a tunnel etc
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Qadhafi

if not is there a website i can visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Section 3 - South Eastern Motorway (SEM)
    Section 4 - Port Access Tunnel (part of original Eastern Bypass - under construction)
    Section 5 - Eastern Bypass
    * Pale Green - existing M1 / M50
    * Pale blue - Port Access Tunnel (under construction)
    * Yellow - Indicative reservation by DCC
    * Pink - Specific reservation by DRL Co.Co.
    * Navy - Drummartin link (one carriageway under construction)

Take a look at (you will need the plugin to read the drawings):
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/devplan/index.htm
    http://www.dublincity.ie/planning/devplan.htm

The M50/SEM site has been pulled from the DRL Co.Co. website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Qadhafi

Thanks a lot Victor, intresting stuff. I didnt know the eastern bypass was going ahead, last thing I heard about it was Bertie giving out because the private sector wasnt making any doing anything on it.

So is the Yellow - Indicative reservation by DCC and Pink - Specific reservation by DRL Co.Co went through planing permission yet and if so when is the start date?

Thats going to make a real difference to traffic around the city if it ever gets built.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Qadhafi
    So is the Yellow - Indicative reservation by DCC and Pink - Specific reservation by DRL Co.Co went through planing permission yet and if so when is the start date?
    No they are purely theoretical at this stage - it is unlikely that any decision will be made before the Port Tunnel is open.
    Originally posted by Qadhafi
    Thats going to make a real difference to traffic around the city if it ever gets built.
    The problem is it will attract commutters using it as a route to the city and hence defeat it's purpose.

Advertisement