Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom giving stuff other than modems away ...

Options
  • 04-11-2003 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Further to the whole Eircom/Microsoft thing and the gaming thing they're pushing...Eircom are going to be giving away free XBoxes with every Istream connection.

This may run after the current promo, or may be an Xmas special.

This mite be a long shot, but it may actually be true. You heard it here first.

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Are you sure its an Eircom/Xbox promo package flamegrill, if so I was wrong when I said This some 3 weeks back.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Details are very thin as to what it will actually be. I was told this info in confidentiality (they asked to remain nameless, and turned a blind eye to the use of the info :)).

Muck, its a bit like the BB offer from eircom, tis only a matter of time. We'll see in the next 6-8 weeks as to what they come up with.

Flamey

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

This seems extremely unlikely.

Far more likely are one of the following.

1) A subscription CD to Eircom BB bundled with xBox.
    2) A special package from Eircom that includes a multi-port ethernet router to allow you connect an xBox and PC at the same time.

The second option is far more likely and is simliar to what BT are doing in the UK and you now how how Eircom love to copy BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The words "Eircom" and or "Giving" and or "Free" do not compute with me either .......... sorry!

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

If you signed up to BB at PC Live show over BH holiday weekend they were offering the Xbox for €79

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by rorook
    If you signed up to BB at PC Live show over BH holiday weekend they were offering the Xbox for €79
    Which BB package were they selling at PC Live?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

rather generously :rolleyes: the same one that's been in the press.

the only reason I went was to see what they would be offering to tempt us, and i could have stayed home and read the paper and got the same deal!

tight b@stards.

and IOL BB was the same. (aside from it being cheaper, having double the cap, and a USB modem instead of the USB/Ethernet jobbie offered by the (ex)rat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by vibe666
    rather generously :rolleyes: the same one that's been in the press.
    Was it Eircom, IOLBB, or UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Over at the Blanchardstown Center on Tuesday and from what I can remember in the eircom shop window beside Maplin there was an offer of an xbox for €99 with every new BB connection,not sure if it is on all dsl offerings.Just one point is this on top of the normal deal(free modem/connection/first month) or a seperate jobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

what I heard ( and I dont believe a word of it anyway ) was that there were going to give the Xbox Live kit away for free - not the Xbox itself - the Xbox on it's own would be useless without the Broadband kit anyway....as far as I-Stream is concerned.

I have to say - I'll believe it when I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

ive heard its the
    Xbox Live kit there gonna bundle with it,
    not the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by flamegrill
    Eircom are going to be giving away free XBoxes with every Istream connection.

Well it's either that or shove 'em into a landfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Was it Eircom, IOLBB, or UTV?
    all of them i think. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Well it's either that or shove 'em into a landfill.

Or throw them at muppets like you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Play nice kids..

Advertisement