Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC problem driving me NUTS!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for that, BigEejit..... appreciate it.

However, it looks like its a possible air circulation prob. After I checked the PSU model for Unkel, I left the cover off.

Played a game of Max Payne 2 for half and hour without any difficulty (it usually starts beeping at 10 or 15 mins). Quit the game, looked at hardware doctor, and the temp was 52-55 ... well below the 70 degree warning level, but still a little high (probably due to the incoming cool air not filling the case with the cover off).

The case fan at the back is pulling in cold air. The fan in 5¼ inch bay is pulling in cold air, but it looks like there isn't anything in there to pull the air out again.

I'll grab SiSandra anyway, just to do a complete workout.

Next step.... a nice air extraction fan. Any recommendations?

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

The fan at the back should be expelling air! That's your problem m8, I had an Athlon that nearly fried (even the case was too hot to touch in places) because it had two fans blowing out (psu & case fan). Just reverse that rear fan and you should be fine.

If the rear fan is next to the psu, it's probably drawing in hot air too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Eeep! :eek:

I'll do it immediately.

- Dave.

Advertisement