Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Concept

Options
  • 04-11-2003 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

The following is a picture of a concept design of Sony's new portable.

PSP.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

hm, not bad. Any idea what size that supposed to be? Nice wide screen anyway.

...not sure about the buttons though (perticularly the D-Pad) - they seem a bit too undefined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

well it looks good :) i am also unsure bout the dpad, having it flush with the main surface mightnt work out so well. Has ne1 played with such a controller before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Keep in mind that Sony will probably release a product that bears little to what you see now. Concepts always get changed quite a lot. I agree about the buttons, flush just isn't going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow, interesting. It probably won't look anything like that when its finished though. And yeah, the buttons look a little dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

well, the reviews I've read for the 'look-what-this-thing-can-do!' games on the n-gage have been less than favorable.. there's a difference between playing a nice 3d PS1 game on a TV and playing the same game on a small handheld screen.

It will be interesting to see if this thing sells.. surly the market for such a device is pretty much saturated at this point?

To be honest, I hope it fails (don't like sony (marketing over innovation as I see it)), but I'm sure the marketing will be unprecedented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Those buttons and d-pad will have to change.

I think the PSP will get enough support to challenge the GBA or whatever Nintendo plans for it's next handheld.

A cheaper price would be good, but I don't think sony's brand of compitition is neccessaraly a good thing.

Only way to compete with agressive marketing is with more agressive marketing. eVil agressive marketing :eek:

Sorry... think I've made that point already... but jesus I hate that ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Any thoughts on the TapWave Zodiac?

http://www.tapwave.com/

Its a souped up PalmOS based PDA, designed for games. Its got a beefy CPU, good sound and fastest PDA gfx available (ATI Imageon 4200). Its out now in the US.

Screen is pretty massive (3.8") and its got a proper analog controller. I think the PDA\Games Console is a better pair up than a Phone\Games Console. It also looks a lot nicer.

Review here:
    http://www.extremetech.com/print_article/0,3998,a=110731,00.asp

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't get one unless it plays emulators. It probably does since it's based on the PalmOS

Could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i like the idea of it but the buttons gotta change

this is the coolest handheld i've seen

Gameparks GP32

it takes memory sticks and smart media cards and also has a USB port

here's there site Gamepark GP32

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I wouldn't get one unless it plays emulators. It probably does since it's based on the PalmOS

Could be interesting.

the gp32 plays emulations

Advertisement