Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

punk forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Originally posted by carbonkid
    i say stop puttin the punk forum down:mad:
    not all forums make a big hit but if it even makes
    one hit its worth having right?
    f**k it i wanna see a punk forum now!!!
    Exactly! There's plenty of forums that don't get much traffic, but that doesn't mean they should be shut down. If only a few people post on it, then it ain't taking anything away from the other forums... And if there are loads of posts then it should have it's own one... Which ever way you look at it, there may as well be one there. If it's a complete flop, then it's not too much trouble to remove it anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Originally posted by carbonkid
    how many forums can boards hold till its too many?

1,086 my prediction:p :ninja: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

any word on this yet????

there has been further debate for those of you who didnt know punk forum discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow, you're really fighting the power.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

word baby hey baby yo baby yo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Since im not a gobshìte and dont bring up nazism at the drop of a hat im not going to invoke goodwins law
    I'm beginning to believe Mike Godwin was right though
    (Nazis in a punk forum discussion!:D I'll just start a tellytubbies v tweenies discussion somewhere and see how long the first mention takes)

Oh yeah, on topic. I like the odd bitta punk myself (real punk, not you noobieninetiespunkerfanboys) and I don't care whether it has its own forum or not.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

All DeVore's are currently busy thinking. Please wait.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 angmaar

punk shall never die. just look at system of a down. the reincarnation of the dead kennedys.

would punk fill the point 7 nights in a row? it would do it 365 nights in a row. pistols paraphenalia are still an item. i was at the exhibition in covent garden recently. amazing. go to it and learn, weekilings.

and how many of you were at the recent discharge gig in the vault? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭boomdogman

Kold the song is Zombie from the Cranberries, cant get to u any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

lich.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How conformist to have a forum for punk. *spit*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

i think you should all just go to a ****ing punk gig and talk to each other before you all start posting about punk forums. for **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

As much as it saddens me...

Its not going to happen people, give it up

It has been debated I think at least 20 times, and everytime the suggestion was rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

The Punk Forum's not dead! oh, hang on...

"Punk" doesn't mean anything anymore as is demonstrated by people referencing Avril Lavigne earlier in this thread.

If you want to have a forum to discuss punk, as in actual punk acts like The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, Generation X etc then fine. I wouldn't include anything post about 1980, with the notable exception of DK, as being punk.

If you want to discuss System of a Down, Limp Bizkit or their ilk stick it in the rock/metal section, as it sure as shinola ain't punk.

I also think were this forum to exist it should be known as "The Corner of St Stephen's Green" in honour of those who used to hang around there listening to the buzzcocks, drinking cider and intimidating passers-by into handing over their "odds". But that's probably before most of your respective times...

"Beat on the brat, beat on the brat, beat on the brat with a baseball bat, oh yeah! oh yeah! oh-ho!"

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

As much as it saddens me...

Its not going to happen people, give it up

It has been debated I think at least 20 times, and everytime the suggestion was rejected.

This is that same thread... check the date.

DeV's still thinking; he's loike an Ent 0_o .

Oh,
    oldposts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I know Cult, I was just pointing it out to the people who dragged it up how many times its been asked for.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Treebeard: "Well, that doesn't make sense to me. But then, you are very small..."

I will consider this again.

Also, if PI had been suggested when Boards was a Quake oriented website it would have been laughed at. Change is the only constant.

DeV.

Advertisement