Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB "Task Fail" at Swords Exchange

• 05-11-2003 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Well it all seemed too good to be true.
    A week ago Eircom Sales gave me a connection Date & Time for my BB. 4/11/03 between 9.30am and 12.30. Grand so far.
    At 3pm with no DSL Sync I call Tech support 1550555444.
    I am advised there was a "task fail" at the exchange and I should really be talking to Sales ... fine.
    Rang Erika in Sales 1800503503 to find out what the "task fail" was. After a long wait on the line, they did'nt know, but were mailing the supervisor, who apparently liases with the engineering section. They promise to call me back.
    Anyone had this one before?

I would have assumed that Tech support would have had the information, apparently that's not how it's done in Eircom.
    Ah well, maybe tomorrow....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It probably means that there was some problem jumpering your line to the ASAM.
    There's not much their support can do about that really, it'd be up to the engineers that work in the exchanges to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Thanks for that. I'll find me an engineer this mng. Best. E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

Hope you have better luck than i have with Mine . I,m in my third week looking at a constant green light on my modem which is connected to the only phone socket left connected in my house which in turn is connected to the main Eircom line in without being able to connect to Clicksilver. I am also on the Swords exchange BTW. Eircom say the line is Ok and the problem is not with them yet i still can not connect. However if I connect my gear to a know good line i can connect using my account. If You catch that engineer let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

Eircom should just rename themselves Area 51 and be done with it.

I'm on swords and have no problems - apart from the constant random freezing of my connection which leaves me doing impressions of a madman - just off for my prozac now !!

Buzz

Well it's 4 days later and still no DSL connection from Eircom. After 4 days of daily or more calls to Sales, all i have is a Service order number, "jumpering problem at the exchange" (Swords), several references to "Jeopardy", no resolution date (Maybe sometime next week). Ah well, maybe they will refund my dial-up costs when they get sorted (dream on).

• Advertisement

Eight days later and still no DSL. Now it's "ports blocked" at the exchange. Maybe this side of Xmas ...

Advertisement