Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem at man utd

• 05-11-2003 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

Forlan has scored 4 goals in 4 starts!!! has he found his feet at man utd??? Great goal last night against Rangers and lucky not to score when van nistellrooy scored his first (he hit the crossbar)

Forlan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

just having a good spell is all. every player has at least one, except for phill babb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

Forlan could become a quality player if he continues to start. He has good pace and a good shot and also has great vision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Originally posted by DEG viper
    Forlan could become a quality player if he continues to start. He has good pace and a good shot and also has great vision

Forlan with great vision, funiest thing i've head in a long time. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

I agree with DEG Viper. Forlan plays great for Uruguay so if he retains this new-found confidence and keeps getting a first team place, I think he'll be a brilliant partner to Van Nistelrooy up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Funny that him and Heskey seem to both be finding their goalscoring touch at the same time.

• Advertisement

dont compare forlan with heskey. In my opinion forlan is a better player altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Great goal from forlan Last Night. Confidence is very important in sport and while I have expressed doubts about him in the past if he continues to play as he has in the last few matches over the whole season he may convince the sceptics that he has a future at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

dont compare forlan with heskey. In my opinion forlan is a better player altogether

And in my opinion, Heskey is a much better player, but there you go.

for those of you claiming that Forlan is a great player with vision etc, I refer you to the worst miss i've ever seen in a Football match in my life, Forlans miss against Juventus when United were on preseason tour in the U.S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

no giggs against arsenal last year was by far the worst!!!where is solskjaer??? is he injured???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    no giggs against arsenal last year was by far the worst!!!where is solskjaer??? is he injured???
    Solskjaer's gone for an operation. He'll be gone a while yet.

Giggs's miss was worse than Forlan imo but who remembers Ronny Rosenthal. Now that was an impressive miss!

you obviously havent seen Forlans miss agains Juventus then, the commentators fell around the place laughing. Giggs was a bad miss, however the one redeeming thing was he was running at pace and hit it from the outside of the box. Forlan was practically walking the ball into an empty net 2- 3 yards out, defenders and keeper were still lying on the ground. Does anyone have a link for that miss anywhere, i've googled but cant find it anywhere?

at least Rosenthal hit the target:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by talla
    at least Rosenthal hit the target:D
    Not exactly as i'm sure the net was the target and not the woodwork!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by talla
    you obviously havent seen Forlans miss agains Juventus then, the commentators fell around the place laughing. Giggs was a bad miss, however the one redeeming thing was he was running at pace and hit it from the outside of the box. Forlan was practically walking the ball into an empty net 2- 3 yards out, defenders and keeper were still lying on the ground. Does anyone have a link for that miss anywhere, i've googled but cant find it anywhere?
    try this im not sure if it will work or not here

Originally posted by Imposter
    Not exactly as i'm sure the net was the target and not the woodwork!:)

ok then why is every stats about a match given with shots on target and shots off target?? So if a keeper makes a save, its not a shot on target, and if a player hits the cross bar, then its not on target?? By your definition, the only time a shot is on target is when its in the back of the net???:D

thats the link allright, a lot worse than giggs miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Richieh

I think it's fair to say that a large portion of a strikers form is confidence. Forlan has that in abundence at the minute and it showed last night. Liverpool (Dudek in particular) won't be relishing seeing both Forlan & van Nistelrooy lining up on Sunday.

That was a bad miss alright but i have seen worse, just cant recall them. watch forlan bury the scousers on sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

head to head between heskey and forlan for striker of the saeson.....im sure if u predicted that earlier in year you would have been payed a visit by the men in white coats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

forlan is a good player, ive always liked him even though he had a brutel record. the fact this was only his 4th game in a row ever for manu i think everyone was too harsh on him when he went those 27 games without scoring.

he's come up with a few big goals- 2 against pool, one against chelsea and now the rangers match. he's a workhorse and if it wasnt for that the utd fans would be have been on his back a long time ago.

he ran 20/30 yards to keep a ball in play, he back-heeled it and setup a manu cross. how many rauls, owens, henrys or ronaldo's would do that? utd may not have the best team in the world but they have the best work-rate.

forlan is a good player, ive always liked him even though he had a brutel record. the fact this was only his 4th game in a row ever for manu i think everyone was too harsh on him when he went those 27 games without scoring.

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Richieh

Originally posted by smemon

he ran 20/30 yards to keep a ball in play, he back-heeled it and setup a manu cross. how many rauls, owens, henrys or ronaldo's would do that? utd may not have the best team in the world but they have the best work-rate.

Couldn't agree more

Advertisement