Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas catchment area near Red Cow o

Options
  • 05-11-2003 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

I saw some adverts in the Indo or Irish Times earlier this week and it looks like the Luas line is running alongside the M50 from Ballymount to Red Cow roundabout.
    Now I thought this Luas system was supposed to service as many people as possible. There are few houses in Ballymount although there is some business parks. Where are the foot bridges over M50 to service these. If the Luas isn't meant to service the business parks, why isn't it running closer to the housing esates in Kingswood?
    Or would that make too much fe(king sense?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

After crossing the M50 it runs through wasteland, bypassing Crumlin and Kimmage. When it reaches the city it must cross the Grand Canal (and obviously the traffic-heavy road beisde it) and the N4. The whole route makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They had to put it where there was space to put it. You also need to balance journey time with closeness of stops. I imagine there will be feeder bus services from the estates (it will need soemthing more than the 56A).

The Kingswood stop is quite central to the housing estates in that part of Tallaght - nowhere is more than about 500m from the stop.

http://www.luas.ie/plan/linea.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

Or would that make too much fe(king sense?

I wonder was there an application of brown paper bags or perhaps the Clueless planners are really insane after all!

Bee

Advertisement