Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing HDD rack, can't figure out DIP switches

• 05-11-2003 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I'm installing a HDD rack.

I'm trying to figure out about using DIP switches rather than the normal Jumper to tell the system whether it’s a master or slave.

The manual for the HDD rack is available as a PDF here (page 3 all of point 7). My problem is that my jumper settings are different to those displayed, and I can't figure out the mapping from jumper to DIP switch from the given examples. I've a quick diagram of the problem outlined here (which includes the relevant stuff from the manual).

Basically I want it set as slave which is simple enough, but using a HDD rack you get to use DIP switches (three cables) instead of the normal clip.

Hopefully someone can help

Comments

Advertisement