Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a camcorder (with DV in/out AND an analogue-to-dig convertor)

Options
  • 05-11-2003 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a camcorder that allows DV in/out (firewire) BUT also has an analogue input!!! The cheaper the better!!!

Alternatively, if you know any good analogue convertors for a PC??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i no its not helping ur cause atr all and is ot but u werent by any chance phoning electronics shops the other day asking this question, i have no sinister reason for the question btw , its just nice to come accross sum1 u speak to thru work and hopefully help them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Yes Stephen, indeed that was me!! Thanks for you help and your two suggestions! There's no point in mentioning where you work because the less people know about you online, the better!! This world is too small.

There's no need to go offering me a staff discount either ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cheers.cant promise staff rates but im sure we could come to some favourable figure, give me a shout when u decide on a model r if u want anymore info and ill get u the best price i can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I have the same request as McGinty,
    I am wondering where is the best value in Dublin or does anyone have some good European websites to recommend. There are some good UK ones that I have seen.

I am looking to primarily bring my old HI8 tapes into my PC for burning onto DVD.
    I have tried using my video card (an Nvidia) and an External USB Belkin device but the resolution of the Belkin is limited and the video card drivers dont work with my software Video Studio 7.

Thus I am looking maybe at a Razzle product for input with USB2(sold on Amazon) but rather spending more money on input hardware, I am now thinking of cutting my losses and investing in a new DV camera with a Svideo Input for my old analogue and then bringing into my PC via Firewire.

Cameras I am looking at are the Panasonic NV-GS70/MX500 or the Sony TRV60E/DCR-PC330.

All advice would be welcomed.

Redman
    :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

I have a Canon MV650i which has DV in/out and also analogue input.

The cheapest I could find it a the time was on www.pixmania.co.uk they also do various bundles eg camcorder, tapes, bag, memory card - depending on what you need.

I have seen it for sale in shops around dublin for a few hundred more than what I paid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Sony TRV22 and TRV33. Not cheap but really good.

Advertisement