Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copy of cd-rom app/files to hard drive

Options
  • 05-11-2003 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

hi
    im creating a cd-rom app with some html n other stuff.

does anyone know of a way that i can have a link on one of
    those html pages that will copy all the app files into a folde ron the HD with a shortcut on the desktop?

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

i created an extractable file with winzip which extracts the html into a folder on hard drive.

does anyone know if winzip can at the same time put a shortcut on the desktop??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sure, put the shortcut on your desktop and make sure you check the box marked "Save full path info" in the Options section of the dialog when you drag it into the window. Only problem is, desktops are stored in different places in different OS's (Windows 95/98/Me are single-user operating systems, for example, whereas NT/2K/XP are all multiple user.

I reckon I'd be looking at using an installer. Installshield is the obvious one but that'll likely cost you money, but there are freebies out there too -- I've seen Nullsoft's (creator of Winamp) one used quite a lot, maybe check that out.

adam

Advertisement