Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Surf No Limits Performance

Options
  • 21-09-1999 10:54am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive just started on this Esat offer for £17 a month, its as good as Indigo for surfin/downloading and icq etc. The gaming end of things are better than i expected but obviously not as good as Indigo. My pings using Esat to Linone Server were 195-300 at a 28.8k connection, using Indigo they are 170-240. i didn't suffer from phonejacks either so im happy with Esat's sevice, im prepared to put up with slightly higher pings for much cheaper phone bills. But i'll continue to use Indigo for practise matchs and clan matches to get the best ping possible but esat is fine for normall free for all play. If one wants to try out Esat before signing up for Surf No Limits you can always pick up a free Cd from an agent and connect to them (you'll be charged at a local rate per minute) but this will give u an indication of what it will perform like on your modem. Overall this is a great offer particularly if your into downloading huge files or alot of files. Its great that I can now leave myself connected to the net all weekend (If i wanted to)downloading stuff without worrying about phonecharges.

[NBK] Gonzo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yep its sweet.

apart from a few hiccups last night ive had no problems with em.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

hmmm I signed up with them and after a bit of searching around trying to find out how to actually pay them I found the link to the register page. So I rang them (no funny stories here thank god wink.gif ) and the salesperson took my details and said it should be ready in two days (this was friday)

It's still says I'm not registered. Anybody else have this prob? Or am I jest being impatient smile.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 21-09-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

they are a wee bit slow, but they do set up your a/c within about 4-5 days of you sending in the form.

make sure you gave them the right phone number btw (ie: the one of the line you run the net off).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Cheers, this is going to save me soooo much cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

cool amp, maybe i can try and beat that 20 - 3 drubbing i gave you last week smile.gif
    oh, are you coming out for a pint in long stone thursday at 6:30.
    can give you a copy of ut. not that itll run on your p90 P.O.S.!

• Advertisement
Advertisement