Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of buying a Mitsubishi Carisma

Options
  • 05-11-2003 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying a Mitsubishi Carisma at the moment - 1996 GLX model, 1.6 engine, 70k miles.

Car drives fine, and doesn't have any major work in need of doing to it.

My mechanic has seen it and reckons it's a good buy.

Anyone had any experiences with these, good or bad?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Can't resist
    As JC said - "who says the Japanese have no sense of scarcasm - look what they called it" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by Chimaera
    I'm looking at buying a Mitsubishi Carisma at the moment - 1996 GLX model, 1.6 engine, 70k miles.

Car drives fine, and doesn't have any major work in need of doing to it.

My mechanic has seen it and reckons it's a good buy.

Anyone had any experiences with these, good or bad?

Friend of mine had one a while ago, good car, won't let you down. Clarkson's probably right but he gets paid lots of money to say things like that, money that can buy Ferraris :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a total non-car but I bet it'll never leave you on the side of the road or cause you to break any fingernails...!

Mike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Apparently its one of the most boring cars on the road in the way
    of looks, performance and interior design..

But its supposedly one of the most reliable cars on the road too
    and good for 250k miles if properly maintained.. up there with a
    toyota and merc for engine reliability..

If your looking for a good car that wont let you down, then I
    would suggest go for it..

But dont expect to get any admiring looks from the ladies, even
    with those go faster stripes.. :D

Advertisement