Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

since its running on the Unreal engine i know its gonna look pretty fantastic, i just hope they manage to carry over the feel of the last game..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, looking forward to its release...
    I'm playing the first DeusEx again in anticipation :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

speaking of the unreal engine was playing the game last nite on my 3000xp 1gig ram 9800pro and got really bad fps like 5, come on WTF!!! any ideas lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

You were playing Deus Ex 2? Or a game based on unreal warfare?

Well, Its just such a power hungry engine....But 5fps is brutal.

More details about game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

That doesn't make sense, 9800 pro should make short work of unreal, im running on a p2.6gig with 512 ram and a 9800 pro (only 4x agp) and the game runs fine, dont know what fps but its seamless to me? you sure you didn't have 2 version of it running at once, cos if thats what you were doing thats why it was running slowly. is that what you were doing?

try install latest patch, or reinstall...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Holy Sh*t, I thought this wasn't out 'til February - excellent news (as long as it doesn't slip:rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Falgorn
    That doesn't make sense, 9800 pro should make short work of unreal, im running on a p2.6gig with 512 ram and a 9800 pro (only 4x agp) and the game runs fine, dont know what fps but its seamless to me? you sure you didn't have 2 version of it running at once, cos if thats what you were doing thats why it was running slowly. is that what you were doing?

try install latest patch, or reinstall...
    Turn off FSAA, anistropic filtering etc.
    Kill FTPdaemons, firewalls, anything that'd be hoggin cpu time/memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Turn off FSAA, anistropic filtering etc.
    Kill FTPdaemons, firewalls, anything that'd be hoggin cpu time/memory.
    he's got a 9800 pro though...the game is a good bit older than the card, it should run like a dream with everything maxed out bothin & outside of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

It might not be the card itself, if there is other aps running outside CPU time will be slower and that could be causing the problem

Advertisement