Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoyance

• 05-11-2003 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Dont know if you will be able to help me with this but here goes.

Sometimes the 'yellow lights' disapear from the forums a little too easily.

Today, i opened boards and while i was waiting for it to load i clicked a PM link from a mail in outlook.

The 2 pages loaded at the same time but it had the effect of totally nuking my 'lights'. As a result i couldnt click on the arrow for Last Read Post and had to scan thru a load of threads trying to work out what i had last read.

Not sure if im making myself clear but is there any way i can avoid this?

Am i mad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Just got another instance of this.

I logged in on a machine i dont usually use. I signed in and as soon as i was 'forwarded', all my stars disapeared. REALLY annoying. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It sounds as if the second browser is changing your 'lastvisit' value. If the threads haven't had a reply since the 'lastvisit' time then they don't get a light.

Best guess for now is that the session handling code doesn't get a chance to complete what it's doing in the first window before the second window comes along and starts the process again (a cookie stores your lastvisit value, bblastvisit is the variable). So, make sure that you always let the first window load up fully before you open any second boards browser windows.

Advertisement