Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Movie Player? Media player skipping...

• 05-11-2003 9:51pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent program to play movie files, mostly avi and mpg? Why I've no idea why, but media player keeps f**king up, the sounds goes out of sync with the video. I've tried Crystal player which is better but still does it sometimes.
    I've searched download.com but there is so much crap that comes up its hard to find somethign reliable... Any suggestions?

Someone else suggested it may be my PC. Sometimes I need to restart to stop it skipping etc, but last time I reformatted it was doing the same. Its a Dell Dimension 4550, 2Ghz, 768ram, 120gb - so reason why it can't keep up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

could your files be out of sync?
    anywho give media player classic a try, or real alternative, they look like windows media player basic, but are great no-nonsence players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Defraggedyour hard drive lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭antwalsh

I use BSPlayer www.bsplayer.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Im having strange problems with media player too.

Some CD's seem to be playing too slowly, its very annoying I throw the CD into the head unit in my car or another CD player and its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Get the latest klite codec pack and there is a plugin that lets you sync the audio and video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Try using Divx player , i have the same problem sometimes....... media player is really annoying sometimes like that. Install the codecs again including older ones (sometimes the newer ones dont play the older rips as well) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

VideoLan Client plays everything

http://www.videolan.org/

The VideoLAN project targets multimedia streaming of MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and DivX files, DVDs, digital satellite channels, digital terrestial television channels and live videos on a high-bandwidth IPv4 or IPv6 network in unicast or multicast under many OSes. VideoLAN also features a cross-plaform multimedia player, VLC, which can be used to read the stream from the network or display video read locally on the computer under all GNU/Linux flavours, all BSD flavours, Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, Solaris, QNX, Familiar Linux...

Advertisement