Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats better xbox or PS2

• 05-11-2003 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

whats better xbox or PS2???

Am not a major gamer by any means but have broadband at home and really interested in the idea of online gaming using a console. I know Xbox have the live thingy when is PS2's equivelent coming out....

Anyway which is better overall ps2 or xbox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What an original question.

Sorry, did I say original? I meant pointless, entirely subjective, done-to-death, unanswerable, stupid question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Also: Atari Jaguar.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

well sorry nikkie whats your face!!!

im not into gaming that much....used to be into games years ago but got bored of them big time but the only thing making me interested in them again is the functionality of online gaming without having to boot up a pc each time...

sorry to insult your limited intelligence boyo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If your going for online-gaming, Xbox really is the way to go. The €209 bundle features two free months of Xbox LIVE aswell as Midtown Madness 3, so you're ready to go almost instantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

just wonderin though will there be lash of good live games in the pipeline and also any classics like tekken etc ??? i.e. pointless on your own but great craic when playin against someone else..

the online aspect really looks appealing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd recommend Xbox LIVE. Its alot better service then sony's plus there are some great games coming out on it like Rainbow Six: 3, Top Spin, Project Gotham Racing 2 and Counter Strike.

There is also Capom Vrs Snk 2 on it which is like street fighter 2 online, and there is going to be a Dead or Alive online game aswell.

Plus the hard drive allows for some great features that are not available on the sony online system, like downloading maps and the prospect that value will make custom made maps available fro download.

just go to playstation and xbox sites and see which suit you the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

With GTA 3 and GTA 3 Vice city released on the xbox yesterday the only reason to buy a ps2 just died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

With GTA 3 and GTA 3 Vice city released on the xbox yesterday

I assume that this is in the US only and not much good to most people without modded consoles...

When oh when is it coming out in Yerp??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Due out on the 05/12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Thanks for that monument. Only 29 days to go then... I hope the game lives up to the hype...

I see Top Spin, the tennis game is out tomorrow and is getting ecstatic reviews... I think it will keep me going until GTA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Originally posted by DannyD
    With GTA 3 and GTA 3 Vice city released on the xbox yesterday the only reason to buy a ps2 just died.

Did that not happen when they were released on the pc? ;)

NO! It will happen when PES3 is released on the pc though! Then the only console worth having will be a cube :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by tallpaul
    Thanks for that monument. Only 29 days to go then... I hope the game lives up to the hype...
    i can't see how they can **** them up tbh, just a straight port of the pc versions with some fancy new fire effects.
    afaik you can't buy the games seperately, just as a double pack...

Advertisement