Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband what are we paying for?

Options
  • 06-11-2003 1:08am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I would like to hear other people's views on the subject.

It appears to me that when you sign up for broadband you are buying a pig in a poke irrespective of who you sign up with.

No one lays down minimum standards for the consumer as far as I can see and if you get awful speeds you are locked in for as long as the contract dictates.

I say this in the light of the UTV/Clicksilver experience where for months I was complaining bout the slow speeds - slowly but surely others joined me and in the process we were lectured on poor lines - the weather - tooting the mtu etc while on other occassions we were simply ignored - then all of a sudden UTV discover there is something amiss and the problem is solved.

No formal apology for the inconvenience or for the fact that for a long time you were getting a quarter of the product you were paying for.

If an isp can deliver a poor product without any form of redress being available to the customer is that right?

Few people would be willing to pay out an average of 50 euros a month for any other product without some quantification of the level of service to be expected.

Shouldnt we as consumers be lobbying for some sort of quality agreements for dsl otherwise ISP's can do what they like?

Meanwhile UTV have simply ignored my queries about compensation for the poor service

Advertisement