Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour Blindness and Quake

Options
  • 22-09-1999 6:01am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

7% or so of males are colour blind, some just don't know they are cause they can get by with it, but personally I find it a pain in the ar*e for playing games like UT where everythings real dark and players appear to blend into the background, trying to make out whos on your team can be very difficult at the best of times, I reckon this kinda makes fullbrights legit for people like me smile.gif

Anyway test yourself using the image below, some of you may be surprised to discover your colour blind when you never knew you were. See can you clearly make out a number from this pic before reading the text below it.

colourblind1.jpg

Ok well theres 3 possibilities here, if you can CLEARLY see the number 57 then your not colour blind, if you see the number 35 you are partially colour blind and if like me you see nothing at all then your completely red/green colour blind.

Let me know as a matter of interest how many of you are colour blind, and if you see 35 or nothing, I'm not interested in knowing who sees 57 as more than 90% of you will.

Blade

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

OOOOOh medical topic. Shouldnt this be on the medical board. 57.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

57... phew smile.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

What happens if you see Satan's grinning face surrounded by a thousand contorted faces in constant agony? Ooops sorry - I saw 57 of course.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You are the ultimate muppet lars ya know that? Tryin to get away with fullbrights at QPII now are we? tongue.gif

Al.

PS Howya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

I saw nothing at all at first and damn near sh!t the trooz but then realised my net FUKIN CONNECTION HAD DISSED before I had the chance to dl it! Fukin' eircom shmeircom! 57.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

oooh it's like a h4><0red 70's version of minesweeper.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Wah ! First it was DeVore with PL, and nows its "i'm blind"

Excuses Excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I keep seeing 69! Im not sure if thats my dirty mind or is my sight phucked ? tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Woohoo, I see 57.

Eric, we all know why you see 69 all the time. The amount of p0rn me leached off ure machine at QuakefestII was not conducive to having good eyesight....

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

bugger the colour.. i cant see anything.

oops, had me night vision gogles on for lookin at that young blonde student accross the road. you should see the ti.. erm, forget it.
    wrong board!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i have presented the matter to 'stony'

he will tell us what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Stony

if in doubt consult your geologist.
    now time for my bath if you'll excuse me.

--
    Koopa: "He's mad hard"
    Kali: "He's rock solid"

Is there such thing as Number Blindness cos i think i have it !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I see 57, but did everyone notice the colours used are the Quake default ones. smile.gif

Not that Quake players have anything to worry about as most have fullbrights with hacked water/invisible walls. wink.gif

Btw, better watch out pasting Encarta pics to the net, Bill will getcha.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 22-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BiZKiT

I can see nothing at all but i allways new that i was red-green color blind im also slightly everthing else color blind as well but i can see fine in quake and i dont use full brights smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Like fu(k you are fine...I remember one game where the only way you could tell the difference between the enemy and your team was who fired at you!

I see the 57, which is good, 'cause I'm practically blind anyway.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Thats cause your a w@nker draco cheeky.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

Blade, im also color blind, but im color blind in all colors:>
    I see nothink in your pic:>
    And before anyone asks, no i dont just see b+W !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

If you can't see the number in the pic....your oviously dumb..so oviously not smart:/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What does "oviously" mean then sheron? tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

57! damn! now I've no excuse for wasting my teammates tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Blade said : "I'm not interested in knowing who sees 57 as more than 90% of you will."

Advertisement