Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMERGENCY HELP REQUIRED: Machine refuses to see network

• 06-11-2003 2:26am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Something horrific has happened. I was connecting a scanner to my XP Pro machine. It was messy so I disconnected it and connected it back to my old Win 98 machine, both of which talk to each other through my DSL Modem/Router.
    I scanned away, all was good.
    I then rebooted my XP Pro machine and couldn't connect to the 'Net. In fact my Win 98 machine could no longer even see it. My XP Pro machine says it doesn't even have a network adapter anymore (it has two!) and when I typed in "ipconfig" at the command prompt, I was told that there was an error and the information couldn't be provided - what the hell?!!!
    Has anybody any idea what's happened to me? Is it possible a virus, dormant on the Win 98 machine, has fcuked up my XP Pro machine??! Anyone any idea because right now I'm tearing my hair out in frustration because my nice new PC won't work properly :(

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hey ixoy,

Why not try System Restore before posting?
    Why that's a great idea ixoy - thanks!
    Oh why that seems to have solved my problem - you rock ixoy!
    :D

Advertisement