Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Before we all start arguing over Q3 v UT..

Options

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

looks crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah, what was I thinking?! smile.gif

halo3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

With graphics like that it'll prolly run like a pig on most any machine you care to mention. Besides, arguing is therapeutic, Teeth smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

sorry i dont like their taste in uniforms.

Ah well Castor, if they don't have P-IIIs and GeForce cards by the time it comes out they can always **** off and play Quake. smile.gif

Seriously, check out the movie, the animation of the vehicles has to be seen to be believed.

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Stony

ehhh that pic doesnt really look like an fps
    it looks like tribes *spit*

Tribes *is* an fps. Go back to your mip-cap settings, philistine! tongue.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

hmm, nice pic, but the rockets are too slow ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Erisian

Halo, from what I've seen and heard, looks set to be an amazing game.
    However, whether or not it will be an amazing
    _deathmatch_ game is another question entirely. It may be, who knows? But that doesn't seem to be the emphasis Bungie are putting on it.
    Although they do seem to be saying that you'll be able to do anything with it. We'll just have to wait.
    As far as I know it's not due out until sometime late next year (could be wrong) so we have a good while of Q3A vs. UT to go yet...
    Nice pic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Looks like Tribes 2, or what Tribes 2 should look like if they stoppped messing with creating mountains with holes in them.

For all it's gfx, if the ping is C R A P it's not worth sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I think that whatever open-air games come and go, there will always be a place for an indoor, enclosed environment style FPS. Faster with more carnage, mmmm smile.gif

I'm looking forward to Halo - although admittedly not half as much as I'm looking forward to Renegade. Tribes 2... Hmm. I'll be interested to see whether it can hold my attention, I played Tribes for about 4 hours a night for 6 months, so it'd wanna be something radically new smile.gif

Current Prediction - over the next year you'll find me wasting away all the time I _could_ be having a social life in, playing Unreal Tournament and Renegade. smile.gif

Advertisement