Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non-quake: Routes.

Options
  • 24-09-1999 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

How do I trace a route to a server?

I have pinged the server and found that the connection times at a certain point, now I want to

1. find out exactly where that point is (geographically prefeably)

2. If possible, find the entire route that the connection takes.

Any ideas?

PS. yeah, I know, tech support board, but few peeps read that (and those that do are quite helpful smile.gif ) and a lot of you peeps trace routes regularly to test quake server pings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Where x is the ip address (or a very kinky site wink.gif )
    Not sure about the geographical end of things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Try using UOTrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Yeah just use tracert from the command prompt. I dont think it is possible, _somehow_, to get the geographical route up. Just go to your sys admin and ask where the server is. If he tells you to fu<k off well then, just do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

doh! she said fu<k off...

anyway, from the looks of it the problem connecting isn't our server! So, that's me off the hook, thanks lads.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Visualroute is what you need.

http://www.visualroute.com
    Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

NeoTrace is good as well, you get a world map and it draws a little picture of where your packets are going. Hmm, all mine seem to be routing through langley.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

wow, nice one hobbes.

hmmm, now to get the company to shell out for the full version smile.gif

Advertisement