Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a simple mysql database up and running ?

Options
  • 06-11-2003 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I was just wondering how to get a database working with my website on my college server which runs on linux

1. Do I need to create the database myself in my public_html directory and if so, how so?

2. Is there another area on a server where generally databases are held?

3. How would i get a simple database to integrate simply with a php page.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The MySQL databases are never stored in public_html

If you do not have 'root' or 'admin' access you will have to ask your systems administrator to create a MySQL database for you.

You can usually administer MySQL related stuff using phpmyadmin or other tools

HTH

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 scanbean

hi,

There is very good book about MySQL, "MySQL" by Paul DuBois. There is SOL about ; PHP, C, DBI Perl Programming; how to create data base connect to it and a few more. Is is simple and very helpful.

bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

I use this cool tool for working with MySQL databases.... MySQL front. The product is actually been discountinued but I have found a copy of it if you want to try it.... http://mysqlfront.sstienemann.de/

I'm an ASP developer so can't help with the old PHP stuff.

Regards,

Dave

Advertisement