Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Batteries

• 06-11-2003 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Howya lads, just a general question I heard about these new batteries for mobiles that can be charged at any point and wont waste as current ones do i.e if you charge your battery and its already half full you loose some of its charge...

can anyone point me in the right direction for technology like this??

thanks, john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hmm,
    I think the battery technology is Litium Ion.

Most (all?) new phones should be ok.

AFAIK only NI-CAD batteries were affected by this prob.
    Called "Memory Effect"

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

i was told that once you've conditioned your battery when you first get it (fully charge it before turning on the phone, then runnig it dry before fully charging it again[repeat for the first few charges]) you should be ok. I still dont trust it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I was told bout this by my sister (dodgy source), the reason i was told was cos im doing a project for college, designing a mobile and i thoguth it'd be good to incorperate this bad boy if it existed.. dunno might find out where she saw this
    cheers lads

anymore ideas will be gladly taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hi Johnor

Here are two sites with descriptions of "Memory Effect"

Clicky 1

And

Click 2

Cheers
    Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Cheers for that but what i was after was a new type of battery that didnt fade, dunno if this is possible doubt it is at the mo... cheers anyhow

john

• Advertisement
Advertisement