Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Keyboard, catch 22

• 06-11-2003 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭

I have a Logitech USB keyboard and have noticed that when I am booting up my PC, the keyboard only becomes active after Windows has started. In the bios of the motherboard there is an option for USB support which allows me to select what controls the USB ports, i.e. the OS or something else which I assume is the motherboard itself. My question is will I lose any functionality if I allow the motherboard to control the usb ports, the motherboard is an Abit KT7A, or is there any difference at all.

I notice the irony of having to press delete on the keyboard to enter setup to enable the keyboard :rolleyes: :confused:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I use my bios to control the keyboard, works absolutely perfect. I have the microsoft office keyboard, with all the extra buttons and f-lock. So i doubt you'd have any problems really.

Advertisement