Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEHE?

Options
  • 22-09-1999 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Anyone of yas comin to Homelands this weekend?
    I got my ticket yesterday and cant w8!
    Anyone elss comin to Hoover some up?:>

Can you say Easy Money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

naw tis 45 quid a ticket isnt it
    like whoooah smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Ser the lads in my house are heading up , id say it'll be a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Howya lads,

I'll definitely be there, it's gonna be mental!! I saw Orbital at the MTV Ibiza 99 party - they just kicked a$$ there, I can't wait to see them again. Dunno about Underworld though!! Oakenfold is absolutely unreal and Judge Jules is a wicked DJ too.

This is gonna be one class event.

Anyone going to the Chemical Brothers? (Sat 20th Nov)

Ser gimme a mail - trojan@biogate.com

Cheers,
    Alastair.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Naw - saw the Chemicals at Reading while backstage and while they were on stage. Good music that petered out because after all two guys standing behind a load of equipment playing their hits can't really get a crowd going if you ask me. That's why the Charlatans were the highlight of the weekend. They FR (fuppin rocked)

M

Not sure I agree with you there Musican, after all Orbital are just 2 guys standing behind all their equipment.
    (and if you have seen them live and think they can't get a crowd going you'd want to give up some of those drugs yer on) smile.gif

Haven't seen Chem Bros so dunno, but their tunes are kick a$$ at the mo.

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well the music press, not that I read everthing they say as Gospel, agreed with me on the Chemicals. They said, correctly, that it was a spew of hits for the first half-hour which just got boring afterwards. I suppose they should have left a few biggies for last. It's also true to say that 2/3 of their songs have guest singers and they weren't there so that was 3 class songs unplayed.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Ser, I'm heading up. We should organise to meet somewhere... all of us... be it for 5 minutes. So how many Quake oriented people are going, can you throw up a list of names... if there's too many I might pull-out you see... ha

Vor - I'm heading, obviously Ser is, wanna meet up at the Info booth/Cloakroom area (left of the front enterance) say around 3.00pm on the day? Anyone a better suggestion?

Al.

PS To answer the point of this being a quake board - check the Music section, I posted about Homelands there ages ago. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 24-09-99).]

You shot me! You shot me right in the arm and it really hurts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

You be going mad in the Judge Jules Tent eh Ser?

• Advertisement

Fair point, there's no point if they don't play a couple of the big ones to get ppl going. Maybe I'd be better off spending the grade on their singles!

It's pointless me arguing anyway, hopefully I'll be in Rome for the Roma - Lazio derby that weekend - FORZA LAZIO!! smile.gif

Are you going to Homelands yerself Musician?

Al.

Hello.

Naw I won't be there. I'd only be interested in a few acts and I'm skint. Another thing about the likes of the Chemicals and especially Orbital is that a smaller venue is more suitable. Then again I prefer seeing any band in a smaller venue. They always lose something at a festival unless they're a very popular act. Then the crowd helps.

M

P.S. Just thought I'd say "Quake" because this is a quake board after all.

Lads I'm heading home from work now so won't get your replies.

I'll be where I said in the post above, at the Info booth/Cloakroom area (left of the front entrance). I'll say 4.00pm though, suit better. Prolly be late anyways smile.gif

Hang around there for 10 mins or so. Cyas if yer there.

Al.

Advertisement