Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stab City

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Take it lightly....

Laugh with them, till your eyeballs bleed

Be proud of where you come from, no matter what!

And whatever you do don't react just respond. it works majically
    Most people who slagg off the Limerick theme should I say it?
    Are clueless about the place, probably lacks in intellegence etc..

One of my lecturers once said, I went to clare one weekend (do we give a fuk, no) but he passed through Limerick of course, and I said did you not stop in Limerick by any chance knowing what I was getting myself in for!, and he said oh no ( serious manner. a gullable Dub who rarely visits the sticks)
    that place is a kip and filthy with crime, :rolleyes: I then went on "really"

So when did you actually make your own judgment and visit the place? The answer I got which is exaclty what I had expected! no response as he never did :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It's interesting reading back over this thread because since then Limerick has quietened down considerably, and has seen way more development. I wonder if you were to post the same topic again (I assume it started out on After Hours) what would the reaction be? Especially considering the recent gang trouble in Dublin and the all the sexual assualts in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scurley7

I totaly agree with you. Limerick is portrayed in such a negative light and it is actually a lovely city!! I'm going to college here and I can personally say that I have never seen any trouble here both night or day. It is a really safe city to be in. It has brilliant shops, pubs, nightclubs etc and I think the media are blowing evertything out of proportion and its not fair that Limerick people are stereotyped everywhere they go!!!However it is extremely hard to change peoples attitudes, so i suppose the only thing that you can do is to be proud of where you come from and show people that you're not affected by their stereotypical attitudes!!!!:)

Advertisement