Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glquake

Options
  • 19-09-1999 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

ne1 know how to setup glquake so that it runs at 800x600 res and 32 bit color.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

glquake -width 800 -height 600 -conwidth 800 -conheight 600 -bpp 32

if you are running win95 you will need to set your desktop colour to 32bit as well, or you get some message about that video mode not being supported
    win98 doesnt need the desktop colour setting

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 19-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Thanx

it didnt work .Maybe its something to do with the fact im running small quake?

i copied over glquake.exe tho and i can run it on the lowest res at 16 bit color

what video card do you have?
    voodoo cards cant do 32bit at all

• Advertisement

try typing "gl_finish 1"

fixes some flickers sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

OI GMAN , ill be back up on saturday or sunday , mad ****up ok, btw tarzan i have spare cat5 and coax cables , ull need a crossover cable to connect urself to the hub , bout 3 or 4 pound in town

ill be down on tuesday with my puter.I have to go down to itd to get my network card enabled ,I learned the Bastids keep the mac address's over the summer.btw how many cables u got sonic wink.gif

ye i got glqwcl worken in 32 bit but i get an error when i try to run glquake.exe in 32 bit.i think i just need to reinstall because i woz getting bad graphic glitches in qlqwcl anyway.btw my puter is a p600 with a tnt2 ultra smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

you brining that computer back to ul guinness? you know anyone with spare
    cat5 cables round here?

• Advertisement

bout 20 of each

i got acat5 bcable. i still need something more ye? you got a spare of what i need?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

any1 have the VIS patch? or where to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Tarzan,

I believe there might be some spare cat6 cable down your way, only problem is you might need a network card with onboard quad zeon to use it. But dont ask me, I don't know jack tongue.gif

nice 1 mp , tarzan u need a crossover cable get 1 in the pc centre in town , bout a fiver or less , the cable u have will connect u to the socket in the wall , u need this cable to connect urself to the hub

if i get one of them cables where am i supposed to be plugging it in?

find out which house the hub for ur block is in and then call to that house and "pretend" to b from itd , open the hub locker in some way , ie crowbar or simply a spoon (that worked in house 44 last year)and connect urself.

ok im clueless as to this. the hub is in my house i was up looking at it earlier. key is there and all.
    i plug one end in to the hub, but i cant see anywhere else to connect to. stupid ... ye i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

sonic....you in plassey ATM?...if so whats the number?

tarz ill b back in ul on sunday ill call up , creative wee in house 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Arky

Sonic,hold on to a cable for me and Paudie please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Dia dhuit,
    Good to hear the UL Quake scene is ready to kick off again (College next week is it ?). Ahhh those days of LAN games from the labs... Sonic, Guinness, Tarz I afraid I won't have the pleasure of whooping yer asses again until next February goddamit. Still on coop. Besta luck,
    jAH

sonic im tryen to set up tcp\ip on my puter only i cant remember to fill in for dns sad.gif
    Can u remember?

Jargha i want a game of rocket arena with u when u come down so i can wipe that smug smile of ur face tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Guinness, get yer practice in before I return to the scene next February. I'll be a little rusty by then so make sure you take advantage of it. Ahh those days of Rocket Arena.. Bloody Zero unbeaten for 2,000,000 rounds ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AntiArky

Arky, p!ss off and get ur own fukkking cable u pr!ck...and stop pretending to be friendly with Sonic when u only use him to get help with ur computer bcos u dont have a bull's bollo(ks of a clu how to use the fu(king thing. Assh0le!!!
    Arky Lover(but sure all ul ppl are)

Advertisement