Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting to Boardsie via a proxy server issue

• 06-11-2003 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Last week or so they put in a proxy server for all us poor slaves to connect to the internet through.
    But since then, I've been unable to post to the board without being prompted for my username and password again and again, and again. In the end I give, as it appears to timeout after 30 seconds some times shorter. And it's impossible to send PM to anybody too!

I reckon that my difficulties lie with the proxy server that the f#####s at work installed just to spoil our fun ;-) But, I have since registered a different user with Boardsie and I'm able to post to the board without any problems. Weird ya?

I've been told by the posers that be here on the board that i haven't been banned or anything, so what could it be? The proxy? Me? Who knows?

ps: I'm posting this from home (no proxy)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Same browser? Could the proxy in work be stripping out cookies? How are your settings different on your two accounts? As in, do you have 'browse with cookies' on with one account and not another, etc.

Advertisement