Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL with an alarm connected to phone line question

• 06-11-2003 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I've ordered a DSL connection with IOL and had to select the engineer install option because I have an alarm connected to the phone line.

Recently someone told me that you can buy a device to fix any problems with DSL and alarms (I think eircom sold it). Any infomation on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i also have a monitored alarm installed in the house but i went for the free self install option... its working fine and i didnt need anything to be done to the line... i just didnt tell iol that there was an alarm on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by SoundWave
    i just didnt tell iol that there was an alarm on it.
    AFAIK you're recommended to go for an engineer install because the self-installs can cause problems with/to monitored alarms, it's not IOL that you'd be pulling a fast one on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    AFAIK you're recommended to go for an engineer install because the self-installs can cause problems with/to monitored alarms, it's not IOL that you'd be pulling a fast one on.
    i checked with the alarm company...and they tested it after the it was the BB was installed any they said it was fine so im not concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

Thanks for the replys. I think I might risk doing a self-install. If it does effect the alarm I can always get an engineer to call out at a later date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

redshift posted a DIY tutorial here

• Advertisement
Advertisement