Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint 2002 Problem

Options
  • 06-11-2003 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am trying to open Powerpoint 2002 on win xp and everytime I try to I get an error message saying that it has recovered from a serious error and do I want to open in safe mode? no matter what I click; yes or no powerpoint then crashes and closes.

I have completely uninstalled ms office from the pc and then re-installed it and I still get the same error. Word, excel and access all work fine.

any ideas......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Could be virus related? Are your def's up to date? Some virus's like yaha etc can corrupt some of your file extension associations.
    Mightnt be your problem but worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

Hi pablo21

No not virus related. PC has the latest def's

rgds,

BW

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hey Bikini Widow.

You wouldn't know exactly what the error says would you?

or better yet, can you post a screenshot of the error?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

Hi Shurl,

Don't have access to Pc at the moment but message goes something like...............

PowerPoint could not be started correctly last time. Starting PP in Safe Mode helps you in solving or isolating Start problems, so that you can start the program correctly. Some functions are deactivated in this mode.

Do you wish to continue?

Yes - No

rgds,

Bw

Advertisement