Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-organisation of Games drop down

Options
  • 06-11-2003 7:51pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think solely alphabetical order on the games drop down is the best way to have it. Its pretty long and covers a broad variety of boards, splitting it into categories with dividers would make it less cluttered.

Something like:

Games
    Massively Multiplayer
    Racing Sims
    Role Playing
    Strategy
    Webgames
    -
    BF 1942
    Championship Manager
    Counter-Strike
    Half Life
    Quake
    Unreal
    Wolfenstein
    -
    Emulators
    Game Editing
    Games Workshop
    -
    LAN Parties
    Mega LAN
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Do you mean to have sub-menus in the same way that sci/tech has them?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nah, just a seperator to signify different categories. Sub-menus are a hindrance unless theres a huge number of forums, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Can't really do it like that ATM kif, the best we could do would be to, as X_OR suggested, have sub-menus. I think myself there are quite enough forums there for sub-categories...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I definetly agree with the sub-catagorising menu. Like kif said, its pretty cluttered. Heres an idea;

Games
    Championship Manager
    Emulators
    Game Editing
    Games
    LAN Parties
    Massively Multiplayer
    Mega LAN
    Racing Sims
    Role Playing
    Strategy

Games Workshop

Online-Specific
    Battlefield 1942
    Counter-Strike
    Half Life
    Quake
    Unreal
    Web Games
    Wolfenstein

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Championship Manager is not an online specific game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

perhaps "Battlefield 1942" should be titled just "Battlefield" or "Battlefield Series" as the creators of that game are supposedly coming out with a new game in the series titled "Battlefield Vietnam" sometime in 2004. Just like with the "Unreal", "Quake" & "Half-Life" forums, they represent discussions from all the games in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by naitkris
    perhaps "Battlefield 1942" should be titled just "Battlefield" or "Battlefield Series" as the creators of that game are supposedly coming out with a new game in the series titled "Battlefield Vietnam" sometime in 2004. Just like with the "Unreal", "Quake" & "Half-Life" forums, they represent discussions from all the games in the series.

I magine it will go that way one day ,but no matter which version you play its always refered to as "bf1942".

Also it looks bigger in the list with the 1942 on it so sssshh ;)

kdjac

Advertisement