Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suede have split up....................

Options
  • 06-11-2003 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

from NME.COM

SUEDE are to split.

The band, who released their 'Singles' album last month, have announced today (November 5) that they will each be working on their "individual projects" from next year.

The band have issued a statement, that reads: "Suede would like to announce that from next year they will be working on their own individual projects.

"There will not be a new studio album until the band feel that the moment is artistically right to make one.This announcement does not affect the forthcoming touring commitments.

"Suede would like to thank the fans for their wonderful support over the years. See you in the next life."

NME.COM understands that the decision to split came from Brett Anderson during a band meeting yesterday.

However, there have been rumours of a split ever since the commercial disappointment that greeted the release of last album 'A New Morning' last year.

A band source has said that "some of the members of the group are more happy with the decision than others," and it is likely that singer Brett Anderson had the final say.

Following the release of their album the group were thought to be working on new material. It is currently unclear how many songs were actually completed, and if they will ever see the light of day.

Suede play The Ambassador on Thursday, December 4th, so if you haven't got your ticket, go get it now.....your last chance to see one of the best bands of the 90's:( :(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

So tragedy has struck!!!!!!!!

I'm dumbstruck, bewildered and distraught!!!!!
    The world is suddenly a less sleazy place, how disconcerting!!!

:( :mad:

I shall now go carve Brett Andersons name into my chest while listening to We Are The Pigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i never liked the band much. but it's always a pity when a band brakes up.. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Never liked them either. Thank god it wasn't anyone good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ¬zero64

they were not up to much after that guitarist left the band he made the band

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Dont cry, your make up will run....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

i got their singles collection recently and was surprised at how good it is.

but having said that, the best tracks are all from the Bernard Butler era - they were never quite the same after he left and I think their time is over (ditto Blur Oasis and rest of the mid-90s mob)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

According to NME.com they've cancelled the gig in Belfast. Is Dublin still going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

yeah, the dublin gig is still on, though it's sold out apparently

Advertisement