Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsmart Connecting Trouble

Options
  • 06-11-2003 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Recently when i try to connect to netsmart i get a 678 error. "There was no answer etc". I have my isdn number on the driver setup thing and i haven;t changed any settings, it just stopped connecting.

Could it be something else?

Did esat disconnect me?

Its annoying seeing as i play games alot for 2-3 hours and i don;t want to run up a huge phone bill, especially if its their fúck up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Is this the anytime service as I too recently have had problems when dialing in via ISDN. I have solved it by setting the dial up connection to dial on each channel. The first channel always fails but second connects showing an anooying error message each time. No good just picking the channel works it seems you must try the first channel and then the second will work. Nothing to do with callerid either.

I think Esat have changed something but when I rang they said ISDN is not supported but should work and suggested a line test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah i'm getting the same problem and i find thats the only way to connect aswell.

Wonder is it a location thing as our new telephone numbers came into operation around the same time and I suspected it was to do with this. I am in 074 area. Whereabouts are you?

I guess I can rule out my ISDN config now, Thanks, RaVeN

I'm 091 area. I'm using an eicon diva aswell if that means anything.

Diva this end too If I find anything will get back to you testing another modem this weekend

• Advertisement

Billion ISDN Tiny USB modem solves the problem so must be a Diva issue.

Dammit. Must be a driver issue surely. I'm gonna try a few drivers and see.

Found the problem my end - Eircom recently chagned our numbers but I had the old MSN numbers stored on the Diva. You change them in driver properties if you have latest drivers, all back to normal now.

Advertisement