Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-merge the two forums back into one?

Options
  • 06-11-2003 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

When the second forum was created some moons ago, it was said that we would see how it goes and have a think about it again later. Well, we've given it a try and there's been calls for the forums to be merged back together again. So now we are asking for the opinions of the membership.

Do you want to continue with the two forums (Consumer/Service Issues and Market/Policy issues) as it is now, or would you prefer if they were brought back together with some improvements? Us mods have some new things planned if the forums are re-merged, so as to keep important discussions visible etc, so theres no fear of debate being lost or missed if the forums are brought back together.

If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to reply :)

Should the forums be re-merged? 86 votes

Yes, re-merge them!
    0% 0 votes
    No, I like it the way it is.
    90% 78 votes
    I don't mind either way.
    9% 8 votes

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I was quite happy with the split, but let's merge and see how it goes. Bearing in mind that the original idea of the split was to create an IrelandOffline board with a low signal/noise ratio (which it did, IMO), there's going to be a need for some (what's the word? ah yes) assertive moderation.

Muppets: ph34r the modz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

merge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Shouldn't this be in the Market/Policy forum? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Get that smug grin off your face Adam.

m E-rge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

It took a while to get used to it but I prefer them to be separate. It is far easier to get down to business that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

I think they should be re-merged....

If they are, though, imho the mods *bows with respect* should be extra vigilant to "cut the slack".... i.e. remove threads that discuss the same topic twice, etc....

-andrew

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No smugness here yellum, I'm just pleased to see democracy at work.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

merge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Re-merge. Was against the split in the first place.
    I have hardly checked the other one since the split (2nd in dropdown list is a bit tedious and don't help)

Its a pain in the ass checking 2 forums for threads on the whole internet situation in relation to IOFFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i-mErge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by gurramok
    I have hardly checked the other one since the split

Its a pain in the ass checking 2 forums for threads on the whole internet situation in relation to IOFFL.

I agree.

Re-merge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Dustaz
    i-mErge
    Don't cheapen it Dusty. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

so far its looking like remerge is the winner and i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

I have hardly checked the other one since the split

ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

youve gotta go it merge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Merge
    I have hardly checked the other one since the split (2nd in dropdown list is a bit tedious and don't help)

Exactly my view :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

De merge is done then. There will be some issues over the coming days but we'll jump or stagger over those hurdles as we see them. Thanks to all who made their views known and everyone who voted.

Advertisement