Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leeson St

Options
  • 06-11-2003 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed the upper end of Leeson St - where the Spar, Pizza, Reel World shops are - is now no longer 24hr pay-and-display. No doubt due to the efforts of the 'crazy' guy who lives opposite who presumably has been fighting this with control plus and dublin Corpo. Anyone know the story?

Fair dues to him anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

About a dozen streets were technically pay and display 24 hours. However, in practice this was not working and was changed to end at midnight at the request of Owen Keegan.

If the resident (who has a low cost resident's disk) returns home at midnight and can’t find a parking space, they are unlikely to find one at 1am either (the visiting parker will be in a night club until 3am or staying locally for the night). At the traffic committee there was no objections to the change. I presume it is now in front of the full city council.

I plan to add "I am a sad git" to the guy's banner :D I think they should also do him for littering.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't think he was really doing it for himself but was doing it for people who assumed that because the majority of the city centre (within the 2 canals) is 12 hour clamping then surely outside these areas would be also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I plan to add "I am a sad git" to the guy's banner I think they should also do him for littering

Hmm...says the man etc...careful Victor...I'd hate to quote some of your own 'rants'

:D:D:D

24hrs was clearly just a money-maker, fair dues.

I say Hur-rah and Jolly Well Done

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

:)
    Originally posted by MadsL
    24hrs was clearly just a money-maker, fair dues.
    Hardly makes money having clampers on night rate running around after individual cars in 12 different locations.

Advertisement