Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch on the Malahide Road

Options
  • 07-11-2003 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

The one near Darndale roundabout I have to ask...

How the hell did they get planning permission for those floodlights?

Getting a lift home last night, they were absolutly blinding on the road and you could see the lights as far as northside. Even the reflections coming off the nearby houses windows was crazy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

are they fixed flood lights or are they those removeable ones.
    chances are they didnt ask for planning permision at all

That happens quite alot in the GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Fixed floodlights. Very high up too. If your walking though Aerfield from UCI you can see them too.

Ill bet either they just just put them up without permission or they never told the council that they would effect the road close by

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually I checked. You don't need planning permission to put them up, which I find absolutly mind boggling.

Apart from the danger to traffic I pity anyone whos bedroom within a mile that has a clear view of the floodlights (which is a lot).

Do they not have some kind of covers they can put on the sides so the light is mostly only directed to the pitch? The ambient light isn't too bad (even though it is practically like daylight).

Im sure there would be a way to redirect thaty light.. you should ask them

• Advertisement
Advertisement