Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

javascript window.close(); problem

Options
  • 07-11-2003 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

ive got Page A which opens Page B as a popup with javascript.
    In that javascript after i have opened Page B i want to close Page A so I add window.close();

It all works fine but a alert appears saying that the web page you are viewing is trying to close the webpage. Do you want to continue.....

Basically once Page B is opened I want to close Page A without any popup of anything.

Anyone have any ideas here lads?

Tnx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's part of the Javascript security model, the child isn't allowed perform certain actions on the parent without confirmation from the user. The only way you can do it is with signed scripts.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Pop-ups are BAD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    Pop-ups are BAD.
    No they're not. Neither are frames, the BLINK tag or not having ALT tags. They're only bad when they're implemented badly.

Actually I take it back about the BLINK tag. That is bad.

adam

Advertisement