Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs. Man Utd

• 07-11-2003 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

So what do ye think? Who'll emerge victorious from Anfield on Sunday.

Realistically Liverpool really need a victory to get back on track and to keep the confidance up because everytime they've tried to start a winning run this season it has been stopped short. If Liverpool play like they played against Arsenal and can convert their chances then I really think they can win it. It gona be close either way.

Looks like Owen will be back and also Smicer.

Predictions anyone ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

as much as it pains me to say it i think it will be 2-0 to Manchester United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Richieh

Forlan to score again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

2-1 to the mighty man yoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Bore draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Traore and Biscan will keep their places and thats not good. Though Igor has done nothing wrong he has no understanding with Sami. Djimi will have trouble with Ronaldo if he plays. Still, I reckon it will be a score draw 1-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Well Utd lost at home to Fulham 3-1 and then Liverpool beat Fulham 2-1 away.

So at anfield it will be 4-1 to Liverpool obviously!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I dont know why (blind maybe) but I have a good feeling about this match. The Pool with scrape the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

It'll be a tough game for Liverpool - the state of the pitch last night won't have helped matters. I'm confident of a result however.

If Liverpool had played on Tuesday night I think the players would be too relaxed for the game, playing on Thursday means they only have two days rest and can't get too comfortable. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Liverpool 3-1 with owen to bag a brace.

Although if the second best keeper in the league (tim H) has a good game then there could be a lean times for the two front men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I've a good feeling about this game, I did last season aswell so it could go either way. Depends who's reffing the game.

I'll go 3-2 Liverpool. Cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

United all the way Liverpool will put up a battle but they have not got near the quality that united have . Forlan and RUUUDD to socre 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Are you serious ?? I cannot believe that you put the words Forlan and quality in the same post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

man utd. 3 liverpool 0
    two for rudd and to make it five out of five one for forlan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I've got a good feeling about this one. It'll be either
    a) 1-0 to Liverpool or
    b) a draw, but Liverpool being the more deserving team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

I know u cant go by form for this game but come on Liverpool shouldnt challenge united if they have the likes of biscan and Traore playing how can he keep them in any team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

2-0 to the Reds, with Owen and Kewell on the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Heskey and Forlan both to get hat-tricks, with Traore scoring the winner. Or more realistically, we get hammered.

Ideal team: Dudek, Finnan, Henchoz, Hyypia, Riise, Diouf, Hamann, Gerrard, Kewell, Owen, Heskey(!)

Hope to god Hamann is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Liverpool to nick it by a goal .... please god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Liverpool can keep the supply lines to Van DiveDutchbloke then we're okay...close with Pool to shade it..I'd be more worried about playing Man City in truth! :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I expect ManYoo to win at a canter.

Oh yeh, and remmeber Owen usally takes a couple of games to get his sharpness on front of goal back again, after injury.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hmmz i think it will be close, hope man u can win it 2-1 but it might very easily go the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

this will test the REAL liverpool. in front of the cameras, massive pressure, electric atmosphere- will the pool give in and settle for a bore draw?

liverpool have played attacking football this year, games come no bigger than manu and i wonder whether houllier will chicken out and go for counter-attack, hope he doesnt.

utd are in good form, have lots of confidence after hammering rangers. i predict a 3-1 win for utd, cant see pool winning. utd have had 2 extra days preparation and liverpool should be low on confidence after a poor 1-1 draw with bucharest.

It wasn't a poor 1-1 draw with Bucharest, the game should not have even gone ahead, the pitch is in notoriously bad condition and it was water-logged. They were lucky not to get any more serious injuries. It's not as if its the Champions League where a draw away to a mediocre side can cost you.

I think Liverpool will attack Man U, if they can take their chances, like they didn't do against Arsenal, then it'll be a glorious victory. Possibly.

Peeps seem to forget the run of 5 victories in a row that Liverpool had against United prior to last season. Lets also not fotget the victory in the league cup last season...

Form counts for nothing in this match, it is about luck and who wants it more really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Originally posted by smemon
    this will test the REAL liverpool. in front of the cameras, massive pressure, electric atmosphere- will the pool give in and settle for a bore draw?

they're always in front of cameras, electric atmosphere? It's at Anfield so how can they give in?
    liverpool have played attacking football this year, games come no bigger than manu and i wonder whether houllier will chicken out and go for counter-attack, hope he doesnt.[/B]

There's nothing wrong with counter-attacking, you just don't want it because Man Utd can get caught out with that tactic.
    utd are in good form, have lots of confidence after hammering rangers. i predict a 3-1 win for utd, cant see pool winning. utd have had 2 extra days preparation and liverpool should be low on confidence after a poor 1-1 draw with bucharest. [/B]

I think that game had too much hype, I don't think there was any question of Rangers challenging Man Utd. The bucharest match should not have gone ahead because of pitch conditions. Does smemon ever see any1 beating Man Utd? Now he's really bluffed but I have been watching his posts for a while now and I honestly have to say you are very biased, sorry. On perdiction, I hope pool win but with biscan and traore in the side and due to Utd's good form they will edge it, maybe a slight chance of a drawbut unlikely.

Originally posted by Gangsta
    Now he's really bluffed but I have been watching his posts for a while now and I honestly have to say you are very biased, sorry.

Ah welcome my good man :) lovely post

Ah yeah, Liverpool are gonna win 20 - 1 :p with Heskey scroing 19 goals :D

i admit, i cant see many sides beating manu, but lets be honest, not many do!

im not afraid of counter-attack football, its just almost like cheating, letting everyone else do the work so we can just come in and take all the praise.

u may think im biased, but every fan of their club knows that on a good day, they can beat anyone. i know utd and what their capable of which is much more than liverpool, so of course i cant see tham losing. the same way liverpool fans cant see their team losing.

based on league stance, confidence and just overall quality all the signs point to a manu win. its like madrid against barca, madrid fans are biased because they know they have potential to win very game. its just the same with manu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

its like madrid against barca, madrid fans are biased because they know they have potential to win very game. its just the same with manu.

ehh...you didn't just compare Utd to Madrid did you?

not even the same ball park :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

im not afraid of counter-attack football, its just almost like cheating, letting everyone else do the work so we can just come in and take all the praise.

That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read on here. I take it, that as you feel that way, you will be starting a petition for Man United's 1999 Champions League winning side to give their medals back and let the Bayern players have them. And that's ignoring the fact that Liverpool have been anything buy a counter-attacking side this season.

• Advertisement

I have Smemon on my ignore list but I still know what crap he's saying by the response of everyone else! :D

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    I have Smemon on my ignore list but I still know what crap he's saying by the response of everyone else! :D

Mike.

Ah thats just nasty... He loves his team and is blinded by the love..

well we'll just have to wait until sunday, wont we?? see who's right and wrong.

there's alot of pool fans here, not to mention so called 'neutrals' that have it in for utd too. no matter what i say or do, i can never win people over, purely cause i support utd.

outnumbered, but i'll not give up. :D

so long as utd keep winning, nothing matters to me.

well we'll just have to wait until sunday, wont we?? see who's right and wrong.

there's alot of pool fans here, not to mention so called 'neutrals' that have it in for utd too. no matter what i say or do, i can never win people over, purely cause i support utd.

outnumbered, but i'll not give up. :D

so long as utd keep winning, nothing matters to me.

Ahh thats the spirit kid ;)

The match on Sunday will be won out of hard work and luck...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Forlan is starting. Liverpool are fucked! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Heskey is starting. Liverpool are fncked! X2 ;)

Seriously hope its a good game, Form counts for nothing in this game anything can happen. Surprisngly I will predict a win for Utd as the pool had a tough match midweek whereas we had a stroll and confidence will be high:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Liverpool 2-1

with kewell to score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Its not often I agree with bloody Smemon but in a way he is right. What way will the Pool play? If they attack I reckon Traore could get exposed. Now, I do love the new attacing style but if we revert to the style that brought us 5 wins from last 7 meetings and 3 unbeaten before those we would be odds on to win- choices, choices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

As a United fan, i've a bad feeling about tomorrow. Whoever scores first tomorrow will win. Liverpool to win 1-0 or 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ko at 2.00pm 2moro is it?

****ing soap repeats tomorow aswell. I just KNOW they will be on when i go up to work :-/
    might see the second half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

2-2 with lots of chances... well it is 4:30am :D

K.O. is at 1:45pm BST

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven

K.O. is at 1:45pm BST

er 1.45pm GMT!

Mike.

No Owen. Heskey and Kewell up front, Traore in defence!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

but dont forget we have the wonderful vladimir smicer!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The match really could have gone either way.

Liverpool paid the price for not doing enough with their possession in the first half and United punished them for it.

Pongolle and Le Tellac both played well, I would have liked to seen Pongolle and Heskey up front from the start. It was also a clear-cut penalty when Ferdinand brought down Pongolle.

And Traore, shock horror, played well. And he scored in midweek and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

IMHO Liverpool were quite unlucky, Murphy, Pongolle and Heskey all had chance to tied it up in the closing minutes.

Le Tallec looked very sharp and Finnan had a good game too

Aah well, you win some......

/Kone

PS: Definite Penalty!

Bloody welsh!

First goal wasnt much Dudek could have done if he had come then all RVN would have had to do was get the slightest touch and it went past him he stayed and no one cut it out. Second goal was a terrible peice keeping by him. Great work by pongolle to help set up the chance and get one back and then how the referee didnt give a penalty I will never know. Heskey had a great chance to grab a draw but alas his legs slipped.

Ho Hum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 2
    Liverpool 1 - Arsenal 2
    Liverpool 1 - Man Utd 2

What is up with that! :mad:

...but alas his legs slipped.
    That's a nice way of saying he fell on his arse. :D
    If EH is not out the door in the January sales I'll be quite upset. He's had more chances to prove himself than any player deserves, it's time for GH to admit that it was an £11m mega-blunder and cut his losses.

Well I was trying to be nice!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement